Catfight Catfight

Could have been better structured

Since the majority of the movie was leading up to the final confrontation (showing the training before hand, etc), I found the actual fight at the end a bit of a let down. During the training sequence you demonstrated that you could animate fight moves well, and when the fight that everyone is waiting for finally comes, it's just a few looped frames of animation, moving through different areas.

It's certainly not a bad flash movie, and you have done a good job on it, but I definately think if a movie is structured in such a way that everything is leading up to a specific event, there needs to be a significant payoff when that event finally comes, in this case such as some action scenes incorporating (and exceeding) moves shown in the training sequence. That would also tie the different parts of the movie together better.

Milkman Milkman

interesting

This flash is an interesting one, because of the distinct changes in it. Other than the obvious one (when the violence starts), there is a very poignant moment at the end when the music changes, and we become aware of the character's self-disgust and pain as he kills himself. That moment puts everything into perspective.

Those who think this film is gratuitously violent and needlessly disturbing are missing the point that the ending reveals. The disgust you feel while watching the acts of violence and necrophilia makes the final moment much more powerful and meaningful.

Even though I don't like Aphex Twin, the emotionally bland nature of the music does support the movie well, and once again enhances the final scene when the music changes.

Well done, you're certainly the only one here doing this sort of stuff. Keep it up.

Spoilsbury Toast Boy Spoilsbury Toast Boy

Atmospheric

This is what I want to see more of.. personal explorations of feelings and atmosphere. Keep doing these, not neccissarily in a series, but unique each time. There's more creative merit in this flash than there is is the majority of "spoofs" on newgrounds.

I would have liked some kind of epilogue on this though, but good work nonetheless.

Virus of Desire Virus of Desire

well done

It's very nice to see that newgrounds isn't just about comic violence, and that good stories are being told. (If there were a 'story' category for marking, this would have gotten a 10 for that, there really should be one) While I think as a flash artist there is still room for you to improve, you told a captivating story, with good use of music to create a distinctive atmosphere. Well done, keep making more! Keep writing too, you have a lot of interesting and worthwhile ideas, just proofread your scripts for occasional gramatical errors :) . Overall, nice job.

(2004) Long Lost Brothers (2004) Long Lost Brothers

funny stuff

Great sense of comic timing. Don't stop working on these sorts of things, they're a great way to refine and develop your comedic style. Looking forward to seeing your future work!

Salad Fingers Episode 4 Salad Fingers Episode 4

an important series

While it may seem to some people that Salad Fingers is merely an outlet for disturbing ideas and surreal visuals, I find it to be a thought provoking series that questions our own mindsets and the nature of morality.

The protagonist is presented as a naive, honest and innocent character, whose particular upbringing, or lack thereof, has resulted in a unique understanding of the surrounding world. He appears to know nothing of malice or deception, which can be atributed to his solitary existance. Without the pressure of society to conform to what is believed to be normal, he maintains a child-like innocence, and is entirely honest with himself about what he finds desirable and pleasurable.

Salad Fingers represents a mindset not limited by what is culturally acceptable, and therefore suggests that we only find it disturbing because it goes against the grain of our own cultural viewpoints. This series is an important one not merely because it is unconventional, but because it promotes open-mindedness towards things that are only unacceptable from our culturally limited points of view, and does so very successfully by presenting a world and character so different to our own that we (or at least I) can't help but find it compelling.

Very nice work, keep churning these out!

Lots of people find this review helpful!

Prowlies at the River Prowlies at the River

Absolute professionalism

This movie represents a level of professionalism I've never seen on newgrounds before. Better than a lot of feature films. Outstanding.